Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Day 10: The Heart of worship

I'm coming back to the heart of worship, and its all about you, its all about you Jesus...

This song immediately comes to my mind during the course of this chapter.. It never occured to me that its actually not good that the world is all about succeeding and not giving up.. Today's chapter talked about surrendering my all.. I realised that i am afraid of surrendering all, surrendering all would mean putting down my will and my choices in life to trust the plans that God has for us..

"love casts out all fear" ... true.. when u know that there is love, fear seems to creep away.. i remember when i was younger, i use to have this sudden pangs of fear coming over me, fearing a lot of things about life. However, when Jerome came into my life, fear seems far away, perhaps that security and that trust brings about that losing of fear.. And God can guide me, and take away my fear much more...

It dawned on me now, why we react emotionally to circumstances.. We express our insecurity and our limitations through the releasing of emotions, resentment, irritation and all.. Hmm.. this makes me want to slowly get to the stage whereby i want not to be emotionally burdened by limitations, and to allow myself to be free. to understand that we should rely on God as HE is our dependence..

It sparks in me, again, why God chose this day to reveal this revelation on me.. My past was catching up with me, a lot of my past hurts and scars were surfacing, God seems to want me to know that while we surrender all, he will do his 'deepest work within us'.. I shall give it all to Jesus.. 'past regrets, my present problems, my future ambitions, my fears, my dreams, weaknesses, habits, hurts and hang ups..'

reminded of a song:

"Are you tired of chasing pretty rainbows?
Are you tired of spinning round and round?
Wrap up all the shattered dreams of your life
And at the feet of Jesus lay them down.

Give them all, Give them all, Give them all to Jesus
Shattered Dreams, Wounded Hearts and Broken Toys

Give them all, Give them all, Give them all to Jesus,
And He will turn your sorrows into Joy.."

Beautiful words, i realised.. I have been singing it for so long, yet only today did it dawn on me.. the great meaning behind those words.. I have been holding back lots of confusion from God, its time should give them all..

Facing circumstances shall not stumble me, my God is a great God and He will guide me through...

No comments: