Saturday, April 09, 2005

Day 33: How real servants act

To lead and serve, serve with joy, to be the leader with the heart and mind like the one who serves, to learn to lead an serve with help from God above, to be the star that shines bright in the sky..

I learnt tis song in GB, and at that time, i remember the theme being "Servant leader"

I learnt how to hand sign the song,

"Make me a servant, HUmble and Meek
Lord let me lift up those who are weak,
And may the prayer of my heart always be...

Make me a servant.. Make me a servant
Make me a servant today..."

I still roughly remember how it is being done... Been trained since we were WOs to be a servant leader, to lead by example and to have a serving heart..

Its always very hard to do.. especially during MM, setting up and clearing up, sometimes, i will want to be lazy, but in me, i guess, Miss Gan gave us a good teaching, to be responsible.. About my life review retreat... i realized tt God put me in GB for a good enough reason, for me to grow maturely and to learn many things that i wld not have learnt else where...learnt to do volunteer service for old folks home, to learn how to present myself in front of many people...

For this life review retreat, i think, in my life, one thing is that i must control my temper. and must really change my heart... to let God perform his surgery on me...

Also i realised that God gave me one talent.. my memory.. God gave me a good memory for me to use it for his glory.. for what yet i do not know.. God gave me a very good catch of tunes.. i only need to listen to it once, and i will be able to roughly catch the tune.. Hee... understand now why i am a praise singer... to use my talent for catching onto songs.. God is amazing.. as this weekend moves on... i know more and can see more of what i can and cannot do...

Today spent some time with dede and thia and brought them to house church, very happy that they went with me, and i pray that God plwase touch their hearts, and let them come more with me to church and cell grp..... and i realised that God's gift for me, is i am a very situation oriented person, i see things that need to be done i take the initiative..

Both of them saaw something in Jerome, tt i took for granted. He is a very patient and understanding person. Today i finally cleared the air.. and know tt God wants to see if i take this love for granted.. Cos why then should he give someone for me to love, if i take it for granted...

They told me that i should use much less harsher words on him, and i understand now where they are coming from...

God show me more of what u want me to learn in these two days Lord..

Amen

No comments: