Saturday, April 02, 2005

Day 27: Defeating Tempation

God is faithful, Today i was at music class.. and i thank God for his presence was with him.. I still remember that prayer my coach prayed.. "And Lord may your presence be here with us today.." and i Amened to that.. The goosebumps that came over me was so strong that i knew.. God was with us in that room.. Listening to us sing that song.. Till now when i am typing it, i can feel that strength and conviction He left in me today..

"Take me pass the outer courts...
Into the Holy Place..
Pass the Brazen Alter
Lord, I want to see your face...

Pass me by the crowds of people,
Where priests sing their praises

I hunger and thirst for your righteousness
And I''ve only found one place..

Take me in TO the Holy of Holies
Take me in by the Blood of the Lamb
Take me into the Holy oh Holies,
Take the coal, cleanse my lips..
Here I am..."

Beautiful experience with this song, sung this song many times before.. but yet for the first time today, i imagined myself, travelling through the tabernacle.. and wanting to meet God..

Went into the car and immediately Jerome said, "For God is faithful and he will keep the tempation from becoming too strong that you cant stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you the way out so that u will not give in to it"

I corinthians 10:13

Haha i got a shock.. today's chapter was try memorizing a verse a week.. and this is our first verse that we are memorizing together.. this week.. Veron is in malaysia, must tell her when she comes back.... and we shall have scriptures as our bullets...

4 ways of defeating temptation:

1) Refocus your attention elsewhere
2) Share with a Godly friend
3) Realize your vulnerability
4) Resist the Devil

To wear the helmet of salvation and the sword of the word...

Amen

No comments: