Saturday, June 09, 2007

Decisions

"Its not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are." Roy Disney.

I read this same phrase or rather am seeking to understand this same idea while reading 7 Habits of Highly Effective people. What are the inner core values? MY personal mission statement in life. I can seek to make tonnes of money. And neglect whats most important, or seek to add value to what I can achieve and yet be comfortable. Or more than comfortable. Property and Banking. To make a choice seems so difficult but according to Roy Disney, its as easy as ABC. Thats when you know what your values are.

What are my values? When the author asked me to picture my Funeral, picture what my family, friends and colleagues would say about me, I pictured them remembering all the good times we spent together, having coffee, having fun, making sushi, cracking lame jokes, travelling together. I didnt picture them to remember me as someone chasing money. Or rather, I valued time more than money. I will strive hard of course, but looking at how Jerome works in Property, would I really want that? Or would I want my weekends to be peaceful..

There are people who are successful and owning properties while working.

Its not how much you earn, its how much you save and invest.

Its a long journey upwards, but I guess life will be like that.

Signed,
Jewel Tan

No comments: