Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Valley of the Shadow of Death

Even though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, your perfect love is casting out fear!


In all my days that I have been on this earth, never have I felt such unimportance in money and situations. Not that I felt without money I can accomplish lots of things, but on the contrary I felt that the lack of money, and the perception of money is the root of all problems and evil.

For the lack of money, my uncle succumbed to the threats of guilt. Now I understand the importance of church, the importance of spiritual parents, for when you need to talk to someone, God will lead that person to advise wisely.

My uncle said he prayed, prayed to his gods for an answer, and they told him that all will be fine. So he went bravely, and unafraid of what it is to come on the surface, but deep inside the fear surmounts. How does one face the consequences of a misdeed that he did not do? How does the fear of punishment leads one to accept a lightened punishment in the light of his innocence?

For I faced situations like these before, lesser in severity but similar in nature. And I could seek counsel, from Godly people who prayed for me for peace but yet gave me earthly and wise advise. Contradictory that the other religions’ wise people they call are lesser educated. But that is my assumption. Now I do see where God is leading us. Now I do see why there is an importance in all the teachings of Christianity, that we not only walk by faith but by the leadership of the world as well. For in the Bible it says, that we have to obey and follow the laws of the righteous.

I sat there in the other side of the world, in the other part of the world that I have never been before nor dreamt of threading within. I understood the fear, I felt the pain, and I wanted to give everything that I had to change the situation. It suddenly dawned on me that everything didn’t matter, what matters most is my uncle’s decision. I looked at him, head bowed in the court, hair shaved, in the orange overall labeled a criminal, labeled guilty as charged. Eyes are on him, people around whispering all sorts of possibilities and crimes that he might have committed. My aunt sat there, struggling with all her might to keep her tears from falling, struggling very hard to be silent, as if the whole court might awake from its slumber should a pin fall, as they await the honorable Judge. I looked at the judge, I prayed and hoped that God may show them visions of justice. True visions of justice.

I stepped into the room of her honor.. I looked around, and saw photos of her and her little girl, she looked just like any one of us, a possibility that one day some one close to her might face the exact same charges, the exact same innocence to be proven. I wished so much to have a private talk with her. To tell her how much I know that my uncle is innocent. But who am I? What am I to do, that I can do that?

A burning sensation came over me to be someone great. Someone with influence and authority, that I may help these people, helpless and innocent. I prayed and asked God for favor and guidance that I may be someone different, that I may be able to help.

Compassion requires commitment. Its true. I experienced it for myself. It needs commitment, it requires intercessory desires. To feel for this people.

I waited outside the Queenstown Remand Prison and waited with my aunt for my uncle to be released. The wait seemed never ending, and yet the fear of what he would feel when he comes out, what do we say, do we pretend, or do we re-assure him?

Minutes seemed like hours ticked by. And still no sight of him. I muttered a prayer underneath my breath and hoped that my aunty will be strong.

When everything in your life seems to be perfect, we never once thought about moments like these. We never expect that someone so young, so vulnerable will do something so evil and so cruel to someone close to you.

People say jealousy and anger leads one to do crazy things. Finally I see it for myself.

Till now, I can only hope and pray for a miracle. For God’s mercy and grace to come over my uncle now. I pray that his life will be changed. That he will accept Christ and Christ alone can help.

Its an urgent call to help and save the world. But for every single time, we take off to help just one person, it makes a world of a difference to that one person.

May God empower me to do His will. May I not use my man’s wisdom but the wisdom bestowed upon by Him.

No comments: