Saturday, July 14, 2007

My Daily Bread

Very Happy today! Woke up early to do my daily bread! Today's reading is in 1 Timothy 5. The heading was: Advice about Widows, Elders and Slaves.

"Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, older women as mothers and youger women as sisters with absolute purity."

Brings me to a point that I realise, it does not matter how "older man" treat you and how they can be wrong. It matters when you do the same. Never treat a person harshly, for the spirit that follows the action might not be a good one, thus ruining a relationship with a fellow human being. Its going to be tough, but I guess the Bible is all about love. Let the evil ones be handled by God, why then should we bother our lives with these people? We still need to love and care as much as we can, but if advice falls on closed ears, then perhaps I should move on.

A women when married, are given the task of performing good deeds? Like bringing up the children, showing hospitality, helping those in trouble, and all kinds of good deeds. Its a no wonder isnt it? I always thought that I will never have the thoughts of these sort. This shows why most women like being hospitable, when we go to our friends' place, the mothers are always the ones being hospitable. While we always complain that women are kay poh, well its because they like to help those in trouble? Ah HA! A good understanding of the women race! hahaha!

I like this phrase, "Do not muzzle the ox while its treading out the grain, or the worker deserves his wages." Treat people who deserve it with respect right and do not restrain and punish these people.

"DO nothing out of favourtism." - Be fair in our judgment and show impartiality.

"do not share in the sins of others. keep yourself pure." - Its very difficult in this society today. And especially so when you enter into a world where money is the driving factor. Its sometimes a very thin grey line.. Which you need to tread slowly. I am glad this decision was made, not to be driven by money but by conscience.

At last but not least, I pray that Lord you will open my eyes in this world Lord. Show me and guide me. Provide me with the wisdom I need in this world today. That I will do good deeds as unto the Lord. That I shall seek knowledge and wisdom more than gold and silver, to seek a good name more than gold or silver.

Lord, open up my eyes, and take away my weariness for today lord. Guide me in this new life changing direction, I commit my plans to you today Lord. That I will make plans and only count on you to direct them.

I pray all this in Jesus name.

Amen!

Its going to be a great day! Great morning!!!!

Jewe

No comments: