Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Passion Kuala Lumpur 2008: Fun Times



Other than the spiritual experience, it was a great experience hanging out with the entire MM team! We had loads of fun and hilarious experiences! Wah ah! And I cannot imagine i actually drove in Malaysia! Yes! It was really quite scary at first, the cars being more "tougher" than in Singapore! However, I believed that God will keep us safe from harm! Malcolm gave me the "Guard of Horner" badge, cos for hours they drove up the highway and the roads, they did not use the horn, just minutes after we drove out of the Tabernacle of David Church, I horned a driver cos he was intending to cut into my lane while i was following isaac to go for lunch! Haha! it created quite a commotion in the car. Eric and Malcolm ah.. sigh.. cannot stop talking about it.

And so, I drove round KL and drove back from KL to JB, around JB and JB back to Singapore!

the most exhilarating experience was the petrol incident: sigh we left KL with 3/4 tank of petrol and on our way we took for granted that there definitely will be petrol stations along the R&R points. While i was at 1/4 tank, we started to signal to look out for petrol, no sign of it. At the sign of the empty tank warning, we still could not find any. Both R&R pit stops had no petrol stations. Went on empty tank for a REALLY long while, while everyone in the car were all awake and silent now. And all silently praying i guess. Haha!

And finally came to a toll, the person told us 5km away, and then another toll said, the petrol station will be 8km away off the highway. Wow... the experience could kill.

I had to switch the air-con off, and we sat there in our perspiration, as i just kept driving. Concentrating on cutting the lane to my right quickly and gently enough to not increase my RPM, and also not to lose sight of isaac and also to keep watch on petrol and look out for petrol stations. Haha! Super multi tasking of the season!

Finally, Eric broke off into a song: "Give me oil in the car, keep it running! Give me oil in the car, I pray, I pray. Give me oil in the car, keep it running, keep it running till we reach the petrol station" haha! It was super funny, we all sang along! Finally broke some tension!

And then we saw it, a little blue sign on the left side of the end of the highway... The petrol kiosk logo 1km away. We were happy like little birds and anticipated it! We were stuck behind this little lorry that exhumed black smoke from its exhaust pipe! And I thought to myself, lets overtake him before we consume too much black smoke! and well.. while i over taked on my right, the little sign came up again and there it wrote 1000m away...

BUT it was just round the corner, everyone got excited include MALCOLM and he started pointing and exclaiming for me to turn left!!!! And blocked my side mirror!!! oH man... I had to quickly swerve to the left and when we reached our petrol station, we PRAISED GOD! As if we just touched down from a near crashing plane ride!

It was an experience i cannot forget. Well, this Malcolm had to rub it in to say, all soldiers need to go through the test, before he can get the badges you know, it will not be fun if i so easily got the badge!!! : )

Isaac and Malcolm kept insisting then, that there should be no cause for alarm, and that my tank should have more reserve, so we took note of how much litres we pumped, and it wrote 40 litres. then isaac said, "aiya! like that still can go for more than 10km lor" assuming my tank is a 50 litre one...

So once we reached church, alex asked Jerome, how much is our tank size, and in his face, he said 40 litres.. WAH HAHA!

It was a miracle. We arrived at JB on 40 litres, barely making it at all..

Alex was dumbfounded and called Isaac! Hahah!

Well well... so much for their re-assurance!

Nonetheless, it was a great trip!!!!!

Jewel

No comments: