Saturday, June 21, 2008

An evening with Pastor Andrew

It was a really rough day for me, trying to come up with the quotation and trying to stay positive that we will seal the deal! : )

So really felt very relieved to have cell today, and it was with the Vibrants @ their Revive Camp! Pastor Andrew from Cornerstone Church's Youth ministry came to share today! It was really an amazing night.

I enjoyed his preaching a lot today, "There is a time for everything". Ecc 3! There are things that we can choose and there are things that we cannot. God chose us, and He knew us from the moment we were a substance in our mother's womb. I am more amazed that someone so real, someone from our generation has placed his heart and soul into learning GOd's work and being a full time Pastor!

The time He shared about Job's story, that he knelt before God and said, Blessed be Your Name, you give and take away, naked I come, naked I go. It really touched my heart, God allowed trials and temptations in our lives, because He already knew that we will pass the test. He already know that we will be able to overcome.

God placed a calling in His heart to learn Indonesian songs.. and years later he is going to be preaching in Indonesia and leading worship in their language. He pursued his dream and cut an album with his youths with Integrity!

From 40 strong youths to 400 strong youths.. Only a heart after God can do it.

When we prayed, i felt God's presence strongly so much that I could not stop crying, its been such a long time before I felt the Holy Spirit so strongly. Pastor Andrew said he felt that I had lots of dreams when I am young, that I have a good spirit and that God gave me many gifts..

I cried because, when I was younger I always felt that someday.. I will be a Somebody. What kind of somebody, I do not know..

And I left my life in God's hands from tonight forth.. That he will take over and take control. I will not let the successes and the failures of this world control what God wants me to do.

Just when I was about to give up on our partnership, God sent us signs to continue. God works in miraculous ways, ways that are much higher than what we can conceive.

Pastor Rachel prayed for me, for our generation to rise up to our roles. For our cell, for my dreams. I prayed silently for salvation of Jerome & my family! God will do something greater in my life.

Jerome shared with me that we need people like Pastor Andrew, visionaries. We need help in the church, i shared with him, its time we rose up to the occasion. Its time our generation sowed into the lives of the people around us.

He said, these things can only be learnt in Bible School! So yes! Maybe perhaps, we should attend short courses together! Lord, may what you put in Jerome's heart come to pass, that he may go and bless others.

Pastor Rachel prayed for Jerome to grow and be strong in the word of God, it will come!

Thank you Lord, i cast all my cares upon you, I know that You will carry me through.

Amen.

No comments: